Bellows Falls, Vermont
Designed by H.M. Francis and Son of Fitchburg, Mass.
Carnegie Classical Revival Style
65 Westminster Street, Bellows Falls VT 05101
Library web site: http://rfpl.kohalibrary.com
A Brief History of the Building
1908: Andrew Carnegie gave $15,000 to the town to build the library. The town had initially declined his offer.
1909: The library was dedicated.
1929: A children's annex was added.
2000: A Friends of the Library group began.
2003: A new entry and elevator were added for handicapped accessibility, and an automation system was implemented. The projects were funded by the Vermont Library Foundation, supported by the Freeman Foundation.
Information was provided by the Rockingham Free Public Library.
New England Carnegies
Search | Take a Virtual Tour | Sources | Links | Home
This information has
been compiled and posted by Corinne H. Smith.
Questions, comments, and corrections can be addressed here.