Claremont, New Hampshire
Designed by H.M. Francis & Sons of Fitchburg, Mass.
Carnegie Classical Revival Style
108 Broad Street, Claremont NH 03743-2677
Library web site: http://www.claremontnh.com/residents/departments/library.asp
A Brief History of the Building
1903: Andrew Carnegie gave $15,000 to the town to build the library.
1922: An addition was put on the rear of the building.
1966: A full renovation took place.
This library was the first one in New Hampshire to become handicapped accessible.
This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 as part of the Claremont Central Business District.
Information was supplied by the Fiske Free Library.
New England Carnegies
Search | Take a Virtual Tour | Sources | Links | Home
This information has
been compiled and posted by Corinne H. Smith.
Questions, comments, and corrections can be addressed here.