Lewiston Public Library
Lewiston, Maine      

Designed by Coombs & Gibbs of Lewiston, Maine

Neo-Classical Revival Style

200 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, Maine  04240

Library web site: http://www.lplonline.org

A Brief History of the Building

1901:  Andrew Carnegie gave $60,000 to the town to build the library.

1902-1903:  The library was built.

1996:  An addition was made.

2005:  The Marsden Hartley Cultural Center opened on December 4.

 

This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

 

                        2005 photos

                       

                       

                       

                             

              

                       

                                    Search | Take a Virtual Tour | Sources | Links | Home

This information has been compiled and posted by Corinne H. Smith.
Questions, comments, and corrections can be addressed here.