(formerly the Quinsigamond Branch Library)
Designed by Fuller and Delano of Worcester
Classical Revival Style
830 Millbury Street, Worcester MA 01607
A Brief History of the Building
1910: Andrew Carnegie gave $75,000 to Worcester to build three branch libraries.
1913: Andrew and Louise Carnegie were on hand to witness the laying of the cornerstones for all three libraries on March 26. The Quinsigamond Branch location was visited second that day. Click here to read more about that occasion.
1914: The library opened in February.
The original structure has been incorporated into the Quingisamond Elementary School.
2005 and 2007 photos
Historical photo was taken from volume 2 of Charles Nutt's History of Worcester and Its People (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1919).
New England Carnegies
Search | Take a Virtual Tour | Sources | Links | Home
This information has
been compiled and posted by Corinne H. Smith.
Questions, comments, and corrections can be addressed here.