Saugus Public Library
(no longer standing)
Designed by Charles Vernon Burgess
Classical Revival Style
295 Central Street, Saugus MA 01906-2191
Current library web site: https://www.sauguspubliclibrary.org/
A Brief History of the Building
1916: Andrew Carnegie gave $17,000 to the town to build the library.
1990s: The original building was razed in order to construct a new library, similar in architectural style.
1998: The new library was completed.
Information and graphics were supplied by the Saugus Public Library.
|The new library|
|Drawing of the new library|
|The old library|