purchased by Old Mill Realty
(former Houghton Branch of the Lynn Public Library)
Neo-Classical Revival Style
833 Western Avenue, Lynn MA 01905
A Brief History of the Building
1903: Andrew Carnegie gave $50,000 to Lynn to build two branch libraries.
1990s-early 2000s: This branch was closed due to budget cuts.
The building has been sold but appears to currently be vacant.
Information was supplied by the Lynn Public Library and Pauline Sabino.
Search | Take a Virtual Tour | Sources | Links | Home
This information has
been compiled and posted by Corinne H. Smith.
Questions, comments, and corrections can be addressed here.